Product Development and Introduction
The development of a product targeted at the Hospitality and Foodservice
Overview of Process
- Review of existing portfolio of products
- Gap analysis is performed to identify opportunities
- Product development is cross referenced against seasonal demand,
customer price, packaging and taste to establish a product profile
- Specific target customers are identified
- Sales literature is reviewed to ensure that it appeals to the
Foodservice and Hospitality market
- As an option, a days training course can be held to educate
personnel on the workings of the foodservice market.
Benefits / Results
Activity is carefully focussed to ensure efficient use of resources.
It is very important that the customer feels that the supplier has
strong empathy with them to maintain credibility. In many cases,
companies that have a strong presence in the retail market attempt
to force fit an existing retail product into the Food Service market,
and as a consequence antagonise potential customers.
Who would benefit
Food manufacturers who wish to break into the foodservice market
or those that wish to achieve a greater presence within this market